Yaesu Warranty repair

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KA2FIR, Jun 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Are there any authorized Yaesu repair centers that do warranty repair other than Yaesu itself?

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

NO.
    Yaesu Warranty work in USA is only performed by Yaesu USA (California).
    WHY? Parts ! USA offices only carry most commn repair parts.
    Sub-assemblies or proprietary parts (especially mechanical and plastic cosmetc) are warehoused in Japan. Parts are sent to USA on weekly basis, based on previous week’s requests (FAX, e-mail).
    ==

Unlike the automotive industry, with millions new vehicles/month ...
    http://www.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html
    no spacious USA warehouses OR USA based manufacturing.
    ==
    YAESU MUSEN CO.,LTD.
    Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
    http://www.yaesu.com/jp/en/index.html
    Yaesu has Regional / Country offices in Japan, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and USA
    ===
    Since 1973, YAESU MUSEN U.S.A., INC. in Los Angeles, U.S.A.
    https://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

Yaesu USA
    6125 Phyllis Drive
    Cypress, CA 90630 USA
    Telephone: 1-714-827-7600
    ==
    For Technical Support or Customer Service call, (714)827-7600 between 8AM – 5PM Pacific Time
    For Parts Department call (714)827-7600 between 8AM – 5PM Pacific Time

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Caveat emptor

4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting . . .

What is the LAW in the USA regarding repairing or replacing faulty goods?

Here in Britain, it's not the Manufacturer who is responsible, it's the Retailer.

The Retailer may or may not get support from the Manufacturer, but that's not YOUR worry, if you are the Consumer (ie purchaser) . . . you just go to the Retailer to fix or replace an item under warranty.

When I worked for the Yaesu importers here in Britain back in the 70s (running their Service Dept), we even had to BUY all the spare parts we needed for repairs from Yaesu in Japan. However, we got a 15% discount on the cost of all equipment imported, to allow for guarantee repairs that we carried out. (which was a pretty good deal, as the failure rate was WAY lower than that . . . more like 1%)

When it came to other Dealers that we supplied Yaesu equipment to, we gave them FREE spare parts for Warranty repairs, but they had to repair the equipment themselves. If they were unable to, and sent it back to US for repair, we charged them for the work.

Roger G3YRO

5. G3YRO

I thought somebody on here would clarify the Law about who is responsible for faults when you buy something in the USA ! (I was curious, that's all)

Roger G3YRO

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger:

I'm not sure about the LAW, but here in the U.S., a warrantee is usually for one year, from the manufacturer. In most cases, if due to "infant mortality," most dealers will accept an item for exchange with a like unit in the first 30 days. Some may offer an exchange or refund, particularly if a "like" unit is not available. After 30 days, the dealer would typically briefly diagnose the unit to eliminate obvious user error, and then send it off to the manufacturer's repair facility. Out of warrantee units get the initial diagnosis, and then sent to the repair facility at the owner's expense, as determined by the repair facility. Shipping of out of warrantee units is usually at the owner's co$t, but some dealers may have a different policy.

7. G3YRO

I've been trying to use different Search Engines to try and discover what the actual Law is in the USA regarding Faulty Goods . . .

It seems that you have no automatic Consumer Protection, like we do here in Britain!

This really surprises me, given that - in other areas - you seem to have excessive legislation about things in the USA !

As I posted earlier, here in Britain it is very simple - if something doesn't work as it should, it's the Store that sold it to you that is responsible for replacing or repairing it.

That applies whether it's Fridge or a Car, a Computer or a Carpet, a Sofa or a Transceiver.

Although it seems you do have rights in the USA, every website talks about taking legal action against someone if the goods are faulty (which could obviously be costly).

As so many items are made in other countries these days, it would be impractical to sue the manufacturer if something is faulty. This is why our legislation here in Britain puts the responsibilty firmly on the Retailer who sold it to you.

This same protection even applies to some extent on buying second-hand items from private individuals (on eBay etc) . . . a few months ago I took a guy to court (in our simple small-claims court procedure) who sold me a TS50, but failed to pack it properly, with resultant damage. I was awarded the full cost of repairs, plus my court fees !

(obviously you would never have to sue a Retailer, as they know the law, plus they wouldn't want the bad publicity)

Roger G3YRO

8. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Warranties are provided by the manufacturer.

9. G3YRO

So what do you do if the Manufacturer is in England . . . Japan . . . or China ?

Roger G3YRO

10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Regardless, the manufacturer provides the warrantee, NOT the retailer at least in the U.S. Who ever performs the repair, it should be at no co$t to the consumer if under warrantee. If in Japan, reputable companies (YaeComWood) typically have U.S. repair facilities. In China? All bets are off there; they have varying support of their warrantees, usually none. YMMV.