Yaesu VX5R Ribbon Cable

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by 7X2GX, Jan 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. 7X2GX

7X2GX Ham Member QRZ Page

Can anyone help me in finding for sale a ribbon cable for my old but very useful Yaesu VX5R.

Thank you and best 73's from 7X2GX.

vx5r-ribbon cable.jpg

2. W4FBI

W4FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu doesn't have them?

3. 7X2GX

I didn't ask them yet. Be cause i am not sure that they can ship spare parts to Algeria. Anyway i will mail them, right now. Hope that that is the solution!

4. 7X2GX

I didn't ask them yet. Be cause i am not sure that they can ship spare parts to Algeria. Anyway i will mail them, right now. Hope that is the solution! thank you for your interest.

5. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd be asking what the damage is to the cable?

If it's just it's one broken 'line' then it could easily be repaired with care. Should you have no luck from the manufacturer there's always an possibility to buy a 'scrapper' for the ribbon cable.

Another possibility but not for the 'feint hearted' is to use very thin insulated wires as a replacement..... these can be got from the T'con board in scrap 'flat screen TVs', this is the board that connects the motherboard to a small panel mounted on the back of the screen. (Timing Control) - this wire is ideal for winding small signal toroids and broadband matching transformers i.e mixers fore one example.... another source could be monitor VGA and SCART leads, these may be slightly thicker.

Dave

6. 7X2GX

Thank's for reply.
    There are two lines of the ribbon broken. So i suppose that i have to try your solution and look for a technician to reapair it. I just receive a reply from Yaesu France and they told me that the spare, i ask for, isn't available.