ad: Amateur-1

YAESU VX-8

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by IZ8OFF, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. IZ8OFF

IZ8OFF Ham Member QRZ Page

ho da poco comprato USATO il VX8 e non riesco a modificare data e orario. Leggo sul manuale che ha una batteria a Litio solo per l'orologio della durata di 2 mesi.... è possibile che ogni due mesi si debba sostituire questa batteria?
    Per modificare l'orologio: menu 1"> 98 time set > menu > eseguo l'aggiornamento anno/mese/giorno ecc. pigiando per il passaggio successivo il tasto mode ed alla fine pigio PTT per salvare ma sul display mi compare sempre 2008/ ecc. ecc.
    Qualcuno può aiutarmi?

2. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

I can answer your question about the clock battery: it is a back-up battery for the clock and calendar. It is only used when the transceiver's main battery is discharged or taken out of the transceiver. It will keep the clock and calendar running for two months by itself. When the transceiver's main batter is re-charged or re-installed, the back-up battery re-charges from the main battery.

I am unable to understand your question about re-setting the clock and calendar. It could be that the translation from Italian to English is faulty.

Best of luck with getting help from an Italian speaker.

Regards.

3. IZ8OFF

From your answer I understand that when I place the main battery, the VX-8, the clock should accept the update. But you do not update, modify the menu but not stored. To store needs his watch battery?
    Where is the battery in the clock VX-8?
    Should I replace it?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  4. WA7DU

It should not need to be replaced if it is good--it should re-charge once you install a re-charged main battery. You can test this by putting in a fully charged main battery, then check the time and date of the VX-8 clock/calendar, then wait 24 hours to give the back-up battery time to re-charge, then remove the main battery, then wait an hour or so, then check the time/date of the VX-8 clock/calendar. If it has maintained the time/date from when you put in the main battery (as described above), the back-up battery is good. If it doesn't maintain the time/date, the back-up battery is defective, and should be replaced.

5. IZ8OFF

I wanted to see this "watch battery" but I saw with amazement that lacks its own, obviously the seller installing / by uninstalling the bluethot has accidentally deleted. I am an electronic engineer and I want to reset to the original circuit. You tell me that the battery voltage has and if you can send me some pictures. I would like to be sure of the polarity to be included on the circuit.
    gennaro.capone @ fastwebnet.it

_DSC3472-b.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  6. WA7DU

No need to replace back-up battery if it accepts a re-charge from the main battery. Try it--see if it will accept up-date to time and date, but only after installing a good main battery. Make sure you leave the main battery in long enough to re-charge the back-up battery.

7. IZ8OFF

The one who sold me the VX8 it reset and then brought me back to the source everything, even the clock date 03/01/2008. I phoned Yaesu support and they told me that there is an error in the user manual for setting the date, but I do not know to say. I wonder if someone could write the steps to follow to set the clock and date. I repeat: eseguento the description given in the manual I do not store it.
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.