Yaesu VX-7R Scanning

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by K6DEA, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K6DEA

K6DEA Ham Member QRZ Page

OK First off, Hope this is posted in the correct section.

I have a Kenwood TH-F6a and just got a Yaesu VX-7R.

I know how to bank scan with the THF6 which IMO is awesome, i can listen to local PD Fire department and CHP on the bottom VFO while listening and scanning to ham bands on the top.
    The Yaesu allows wide coverage on MAIN and ham bands (6m/2m/222/70cm) on SUB. So i need to figure how to program the police CHP fire on the yaesu so that i may scan using main and the sub for ham stuff. So far i just have a few 2m 6m 440 stuff programmed. ( i am also having trouble with sending data to radio as soon as it sends the files to the radio it puts it in EU type which is NOT wide receive Tho i know how to fix that by holding B C D than it puts it back in USA mode.

A lot to read i know i am a little overwhelmed with this new HT I have studied the manual( which i cant follow like i can the Kenwood) before the radio even got here but was stuck on not being able to receive out of ham bands due to the radio being stuck in EU mode prior to me having to reset the radio over 15 times due to programming errors on my part lol.

I hope someone can walk me through the BANK scanning so that i can use this HT just like i do the THF6.
    ( i know it isn't a SCANNER and i have scanners but this is how i use my HT's).

2. K6DEA

K6DEA Ham Member QRZ Page

GOT IT FIGURED OUT. mods please delete or close thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.