ad: Radclub22-1

Yaesu to release a new 50W Dual-Band mobile radio, the FTM-6000R!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Sep 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

And it's here. Playtime tonight.

2. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure; but look how many simple, no frills, solid dual-band radios are already out there. This radio is totally in the noise. (and I LOVE Yaesu products!)

AG5DB likes this.
  3. HK4N

HK4N Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought one, maybe in two weeks I receive him

4. N7NIT

N7NIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had a couple of those. I bought an FT-70D and while it is decent, it devours battery life, unlike the FT-60. People I know who bought the FT-70D ended up buying an extra battery to be kept on a cradle charger and exchanged when the one on the radio got low. The FT-60 was my very first ham radio of any kind.

5. N7NIT

N7NIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I much preferred the FT-8800. Dual band, dual receive, cross-band repeat. I have had three now. The first two were bought new and sold when money was tight. The third was bought used (but in great shape) and I will NOT get rid of it. Ever.

6. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

You need a rf choke inline with your radio.
    Check out youtube on videos to cease rf in ham gear. Its ok its reacting to the electronics in your vehicle perfectly normal but there are ways to shunt the noise.

8. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why would this be the "new radio" on the market. Here is a couple questions that will help you sell none of these.
    1.Are you giving up on FUSION?
    2. Why have you have not made a decent 220 radio in decades, centuries, never? Can't add a 25 watt 220 band in this radio? You made the FTM350 with 2 watts on 220? Really? COmon Man!!!

So to reiterate, NO FUSION, NO 220Mghz, NO cellular to make a call or put wifi in it, nothing special or wait?. THis is a birthing defect of a radio. Jjunk for the money.
    With all the C4FM dual mode repeaters going up has YEASU lost it's MIND?

2E0NYH likes this.
  9. 2E0NYH

2E0NYH Ham Member QRZ Page

1. are they giving up on Fusion ? arguably not given the recent launch of the Ft-5D and the continued marketing a number of higher priced mobiles with C4FM and the Ft991a featuring it...

2. 220 is a niche market - even more niche now region 1 has no Licenced (trunked) PMR in Band III as it's used for DAB broadcast radio , it;s like region1 folks ranting about how long it;s taken to get support for 4m / 70MHz in made for ham equipment ( rather than transverting from 10/11m kit for SSB or repurposing PMR kitt for AM originally and now FM )

10. K7AZQ

K7AZQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You asked in an earlier post about noise while engine is running. Install one of these, I’ll bet your problem goes away.
    https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-010379

11. KG4BFR

KG4BFR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Face is Detachable however the Microphone must remain plugged into the Main Unit ....

12. 2E0NYH

2E0NYH Ham Member QRZ Page

yet another failure - esp as the ic-2730 has a mic socket on the head unit

(as an aside does anyone know if a 2730 will freak out if you have a mic in both the base unit and the head unit ?)

13. KC5DJR

KC5DJR Ham Member QRZ Page

I love the 7900, it has banks to keep memories set the way you want geographic or whatever, you can plug the mic into the control head, these two features are lacking on the new radio

2E0NYH likes this.
  14. WB8SCT

WB8SCT QRZ Lifetime Member #205 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Couldn't agree more, a "nuisance delete" feature would make this radio much more appealing!!!

W2KG and N6NLX like this.