Yaesu FTM - 7250 memory issue

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by N4MTE, Oct 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N4MTE

N4MTE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently purchased the FTM - 7250DR dual band mobile and i love the radio. However, I am having problems with the memories not maintaining the information programmed into them. Specifically, memory channels 1-6 work fine, so I know I am doing it correctly. Channels 7 and above all lose the SQUELCH TYPE information once the channel is changed. Example - i set a channel with a SQUELCH TYPE of "TQSL" and a TONE FREQUENCY of "100HZ". As long as I do not change the channel, I can talk through that specific repeater with no problem. If I move to another channel and then come back, the SQUELCH TYPE reverts to "off". The TONE FREQUENCY information is still there, but obviously it doesn't make it to the repeater so I have to reprogram the SQUELCH TYPE again. When scanning and operating mobile, this is not a tolerable situation. Anyone have any insight into what might be causing this? TIA.

2. KD4UPL

KD4UPL Ham Member QRZ Page

The first thing Yaesu will probably tell you is to reset to defaults and program it again. I know that's a pain if you just typed in a ton of memories but it doesn't cost anything and just might work.

3. WB8NQW

WB8NQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure that when making setting changes that you do complete all the steps in the memory write procedure. It is possible to change settings in a channel without writing those changes into memory.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Tone squelch should be off, Because there is normally no reason to use it.

Unless the radio is being used for a repeater input.

It is best to hear everything that is on frequency, Then you can tell if the frequency is in use before transmitting.

Enjoy your new radio.