ad: elecraft

Yaesu FTM-500D Announced

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI5SAI, Feb 3, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Read the knobs! I don't see 3 vfo knobs 2 knobs on left say Vol Squelch top knob on right says FUNC bottom right says Sub Dial

2. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see it on gigaparts when I do a search on the web page.

3. W6FRD

W6FRD Ham Member QRZ Page

This why yaesu is so innovated all ways ahead of the others, kenwood/ icom ,my shack consists mostly yaesu, The Yaesu FTM-500D. is cool looking radio, unfortunately Kenwood/ Icom seems to have lost interest in ham radio market.W6FRD.

K4XJ and N6NLX like this.
  4. EA7FWK

EA7FWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Una carátula más atractiva y más de lo mismo.

UT7UX and KE0GXN like this.
  5. KD8ZWI

KD8ZWI Ham Member QRZ Page

Then he is in the wrong business… His approach was terrible. Clearly Yaesu wants to create some buzz about their new radio - he did nothing to add to it. I am surprised Yaseu’s marketing department lets him “wing it” like this, he’s not helping.

Like others have posted - I too am excited that Yaesu is efforting products for a hobby I love, I can only hope they continue to do so!!

Let’s be totally real here and face the honest truth - the 300D is an ugly radio, a very ugly radio. I wouldn’t put one in my BMW for that reason alone. I too would be mad if I bought a 300 - then see this release of the 500D forthcoming - it’s a gorgeous radio! Now this one would look great in my car…;)

I can only wish that it has built in Wi-Fi so I can connect directly to my cars hotspot and become a truly mobile PDN node! I don’t like using some third party raspberry pie derived clunky solution for this… having that built in to the radio would be amazing!

I for one am going to enjoy the pre-release buzz and wait for the official Yaesu feature description, and remain positive about their continued outstanding support of amateur radio!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    KN4HYG likes this.
  6. K6JH

K6JH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It has dual speakers built in to the control head. No need to mount external speakers.

7. KD8ZWI

KD8ZWI Ham Member QRZ Page

Why are you not using the PGM features? 5 is not enough for you? How many repeaters are you really scanning anyway?

8. K8BBL

K8BBL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure it's built to the Yaesu high quality standards but at (a predicted cost of) close to $700 for a 2m/70cm unit .... I don't think so ... unless maybe I hit the lottery soon.

AA3C likes this.
  9. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's in the confirmation queue right next by St Claus.

And this is damn stupid.

My two Kenwood-centric cents.

K7CHW likes this.
  10. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Brazil, has 220MHz privileges -but what do I know, not into that at all.
    Not a small market, there are 35k R-As in Brazil.
    Two-third of which STUCK into pariah C-Class, been decades, so 12k hAmS.

Each time Labre/Anatel or manufacturers commemorate some hype on VHF-UHF, I cannot help thinking big backlash against HF is in the making...
    "Hey! we did so much for your hobby these later years, u HF-users-only could shut up, do u!"

Oliver
    PS. and again, ain't better specific Forums for present thread on QRZ ?

UT7UX likes this.
  11. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Part of his job that no one is forcing him to do. Many of us deal have to deal with the public for our jobs….

Just not a good look on his part in my opinion as a sales representative. I get the annoyance with the Ham Tubers falling all over themselves to be the first one to put out a video with ZERO knowledge of the radio, but that is the society we live in, especially when you are dealing with folks who always want to win popularity/click contests.

Maybe he should take a page from Icom. It seems they don’t even whisper let alone reveal a new radio until they are prepared to divulge the appropriate information to go along with it. Secondly “Icom man” doesn’t seem to get so bothered and hot under the collar when people “speculate” about his rigs.

WN1C, UT7UX and W7USD like this.
  12. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

13. UT7UX

That's true. But same time the US market itself is so big that major vendors just have to take in account US-specific demands.

W6SAE likes this.
  14. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ellos tienien que buscar una forma de agarrar su dinero hermano. ;)

PY2NEA and UT7UX like this.
  15. UT7UX

Por cierto, estoy de acuerdo. Desde mi punto de vista, sobresalen en la creacion de una atractiva caratula. Tambien, generalmente, ellos radios de ondas cortas tienen le reception mas o menos buena. El resto es mejorar la ergonomia. Todavia creo que lo es tan horrible como siempre. Pero si, la caratule me gusta.
    Sobre el tema de la discussion, me gusta altavoz frontal. Tenia yo la radio de altavoz ordinario y necesitaba connectar el altavoz aparte para oir algo. Pues, vamos a ver. El precio europeo (mira Wimo sitio) es previsible pero no me parece agradable.
    Olvidalo.

Pues, una radio es el producto ordinario. Todas las leyes de marketing trabajan. Esto es la razon porque las radios superiores [de Kenwood] tienen ventas bastante bajas, pero por supuesto estables. La gente quiere la television de color mas de la reception y ergonomia.

KE0GXN likes this.