ad: Radclub22-1

YAESU FTM-400DR

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by 9K2FT, Nov 7, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. 9K2FT

9K2FT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello ,,,

Q?

Recommend Mobile Antenna For - Yaesu FTM-400 DR

Thanks

9K2FT

2. KK4PLD

KK4PLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I personally like the Diamond series for my dual bander...the SG7000 series, Comet has the competition to these as well.

3. AA9SD

AA9SD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using a Tram 1185 with my dual band mobile. I have it on a mag mount and it has been working very well.

4. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I would look around at what emergency responders are using. I'm not sure about your part of the world, but here in the western U.S., the overwhelming majority of emergency vehicles are topped with Larsen antennas. These are the same vehicles which see -40 degrees every winter, and +110F every summer. All while bashing through trees, driving 100mph down the interstates, getting covered in snow and ice, and scraping along drive through awnings.

Again, I'm not sure about 9K2 land, but I doubt you will see ham grade antennas in critical duty areas.

I recommend (and use on all of my vehicles) the Larsen NMO2/70. I have a couple that have several hundred thousand miles over the life of many vehicles, spending their entire life in the mountains. Not a single failure yet. The same cannot be said for pretty much every other manufacturer of NMO style antennas, and I've worked in commercial LMR for years, trying every antenna I could get my hands on.

My thoughts on the matter anyway.

5. WY7EM

WY7EM Ham Member QRZ Page

I second the Larsen NMO 2/70. I have one on my truck as a mag mount, and have had great success with it, including accessing repeaters 60-70 miles away with a mountain range blocking (atleast partially) the line of sight, while only pushing 45 watts.

6. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And I will 3rd that! Great antenna.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

7. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

Larsen NMO for the win, one of my favorite antennas.

8. KE5YYN

KE5YYN Ham Member QRZ Page

Look at Comet Antennas CA-2X4SRB, I have two.

9. W6JWZ

W6JWZ Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KX0Z

KX0Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Comet SBB7 works very well for me, trunk mount on Toyota Avalon FT8900R.