ad: GNOHF-1

Yaesu FTM-100DR keeps resetting

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by KE0DWG, Sep 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE0DWG

KE0DWG Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a new FTM-100DR and it seemed to work fine the first time I fired it up and programmed a station into it with ADMS-9. When I went to add more channels to it tonight, it kept rebooting when I was in the "clone" setup section...it would reboot when I hit DISP/SETUP prompting me to enter my call sign again. I gave up after the 5th or 6th reboot. Any suggestions? The firmware installed is main - 2.1, panel - 2.0 and DSP 4.15

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

:(

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. KE0DWG

I believe I found the issue thanks to W7PVA. You can't write over the existing data on the radio. I needed to download what is already programmed into the radio, edit that info then upload it back to the radio.

4. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

The best way to program the FTM-100DR is by using a MicroSD card in the slot provided on the radio. This way, if the vehicle is installed in a vehicle , all you have to do is remove the card from the radio, bring it into the house, edit the programming, take the card back out to the radio and then read from the card to change the radio programming. It beats having to haul a computer and a cable out to the vehicle every time you want to update the programming.

5. KE0DWG

I'm trying to do this with little success. I exported a list of local repeaters from Repeaterbook to an Excel file but the ADMS program will not let me paste the info into their spreadsheet. Is there another way you do this?

6. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

RT Systems software. It's the only programming software I've found that didn't have some kind of glitch in it. Works first time, every time...

AI7PM likes this.
  7. W8ARD

W8ARD Ham Member QRZ Page

I would try to export it from excell as a .csv file the import the .csv file into your programing software. You may have to edit the excell file to get the info in the proper order so the programing software puts the data into the radio correctly. Not sure if this will help hut worth trying.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

One think that can work, Paste into your plain text editor.

Then copy from there and paste in your program.

That will strip all of the extra characters that you may not see.

You can use CHIRP to Import from data source > Repeaterbook and save as a CSV file.