Yaesu FTDX1200 Power Output Menu Problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by MM7JCF, Jan 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. MM7JCF

MM7JCF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    Menu item 177 on my ftdx1200 shows TX General PWR/PROC Control and facilitates changing from TX power to Proc. I can't get the menu to show the power output. Various youtube videos and the manual indicate this menu should give selectable power output. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

2. AJ8MH

AJ8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that item just allows you to select what function the knob on the front panel can adjust. Look for a knob that reads PROC/CAR.

3. MM7JCF

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for replying. This menu should allow power output selection, and show values of between 5 and 100 Watts. This is stated in the manual and shown on various youtube videos. Mine does not, and will not allow me to select power output. No doubt due to something on my part. 73. Jim.

4. K1APJ

K1APJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You have a new radio and an old manual. Attached is a page from the 2017 manual.

Attached Files:

5. MM7JCF

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to assist me. Much Obliged. 73.

6. AC5MU

AC5MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, did you finally get your Yaesu 1200 to show the TX power. I have the same issue, as the display continues to show CLAR even though Menu 177 is set to "TX PWR." I'm beginning to think my radio has developed a fault of some sort. thanks for any help, anyone. 73