Yaesu FTDX-400

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by AF6LJ, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9FON

K9FON Guest

Have fun with that old gal. I had one once and it kicked booty.

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's coming along fairly wall. I found that this one will take 6LF6s in the final and it will neutralize :)
    On a power supply with old warn out filter caps I get 275W PEP on a good day. :)
    I have replacment caps for the high voltage supply but haven't installed them yet. I want to wait until I have the rest before I put them in, Doing them all at once will save a little wear and tare on the radio.

After the holidays I'll find suitable replacments and get them ordered long about February.

3. VE1PEW

VE1PEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice work. You have inspired me to get back to working on my FTdx-401.

73,Paul
    VE1PEW

4. AF6LJ

Thank you :)
    They are interesting radios.

5. AF6LJ

To bring everyone up to date on what his happening (or not) with the FTDX-400....
    During reassembly I seem to have pinched one of the filament supply leads, upon firing up the radio last month one of the traces on main board that supplies heater voltage to five of the tubes went up like a fuse.

I have dome some tracing and haven't found the short yet, I have no doubt I will find it but I'm stuck in a rut for now and need to set the radio aside and come back to in next month.
    So stay tuned and this thread will reappear, and I will get the 400 up and running. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.