Yaesu FT991A

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KJ7SIS, Jan 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

And on the 6th day, Monsanto made astroturf....:D

2. KD9VV

KD9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

I hand mow around them; then lawn tractor..NO big deal really. :)

KJ7SIS likes this.
  3. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If the OP really is so limited in antenna choice, he should consider the Superantenna MP1. It's versatile, produces excellent results for its size and HRO seem to be offering the full kit for little more than half the price of that Compactenna. I use one on our boat for /MM operation and results are good.

Martin (G8FXC)

4. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Everything is relative. And of course it depends on the tasks set. A friend of mine was having fun by tuning on a metal mesh from his grandmother's bed. It showed itself perfectly as an antenna)

He even made local QSO on it. It's a pity, at that time it had not yet invented ft-8.

My teacher was an elderly man who always made antennas himself and drove around the country and abroad to work on the air from interesting places. He always said that the main thing in a radio is a good antenna.

Therefore, it is not surprising that many become disillusioned with radio, having spent a lot of money and as a result only listen to noise or watch as a computer make connections with a cunning protocol.

I pay a lot of attention, showing and telling familiar radio amateurs how to improve antennas easily and cheaply, but usually laziness wins them anyway ...

5. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did say "excellent results for its size" - I would love to have a 5 element beam on the boat - not going to happen! I've experimented with quite a few "compact" antennae and the Superantenna compares well with the best of them.

Martin (G8FXC)

6. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok. I never had boat so can't judge.

But KJ7SIS stays on the ground...