ad: AbAuRe-1

Yaesu FT991A

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KJ7SIS, Jan 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. N1YR

N1YR Ham Member QRZ Page

No question about that, I was just commenting on a wire to a tree in Montana . .

KJ7SIS likes this.
  2. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

A long wire auto tuner (SGC, SEA, MFJ, etc) and a random piece of wire strung up somehow, even if it looks like a clothesline, will beat a 4 foot antenna all to hell.

3. KJ7SIS

KJ7SIS Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KD9VV

KD9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

LMAO.
    I'm in a HOA too.
    My neighbor asked when I first put up a 6M LFA, " is that cb radio?" I said "No, I'm tired of cable tv bills, it's a TV antenna for long distance"
    Then I now have raised a 2M lfa and 432 lfa. If he asks again I'll tell him i need more station channels.
    16107500976022910294989542463450.jpg

KU3X, WZ7U and US7IGN like this.
  5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Now you've done it.
    Somebody will come along and declare it sacrilegious to get the 991 instead of an IC-7300.....

KJ7SIS and K9DWB like this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not. It's not a bad little radio. Now, the original version, the 991 WAS quite a bad little radio, and many have not forgot that.

What's not so hot about the 991a? Rather poor display. Otherwise, if you want a shack-in-the-box radio, it's not bad. Most would probably be able to dispense with that, however and just buy a nice dual band FM radio to chat on the repeaters, since that is all most will do above 6-meters. ;)

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nicely mowed yard! How to you avoid hitting the guy ropes?

At least you're not really lying, because the VHF beams really can be used for OTA TV reception, and if you ever needed to prove that to someone, just connect one to a TV set and it's easy to prove.:)

KJ7SIS, KD9VV, K9DWB and 1 other person like this.
  8. K9DWB

K9DWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks kinda like painted grass to me.

9. N3HGB

Not a bit as long *as you get a real one*. The 1001 imitations can be very noisy.

KJ7SIS likes this.
  10. N3HGB

BTW - Our HOA doesn't give a crap about antennas one way or the other :)

KD9VV likes this.