Yaesu FT920 connection issue

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by M0NTY, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. M0NTY

M0NTY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

Its probably me doing something daft but my FT920 refuses to connect to HRD for some reason?

I purchased one of these leads for my FT920,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Cat-ca...item2c6c144dec

I have installed the drivers for it and installed HRD 5.24 but despite many attempts I have yet to succeed. I have tried various settings for COM port and speed but without success. I am using an old desktop running Win XP SP3 if that is relevant. There is bound to be more info required from me so just ask and I'll provide it.

Cheers, Chris/m0nty

2. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Take a look at your DEVICE MANAGER in the CONTROL PANEL of the computer and see if the computer recognizes the cable itself. There should be instructions on how to do that in the files for the driver. One way to find out is to look at the listings for the COM ports available. When you installed the driver and the cable then one additional COM port should have shown up. If you're uncertain how many COM ports you previously had then just do an uninstall of the software and the newly added COM port should disappear. Once you re-install the program for the cable the COM port should reappear as a new port. If this isn't happening then the computer doesn't recognize the device and it's either a software problem or the cable is bad.
    Hope this helps
    Gary

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. M0NTY

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have already checked that the CAT lead is showing under device manager and it is. However I may just go for a reinstall and see how that works out. If this fails I re-post with maybe a screenshot or two of what is going on.

73's, Chris

M0NTY

4. M0NTY

Just thought I would follow this up with the solution just in case anyone else ever has the same problem. It turned out that when I was clicking connect for some reason HRD was deselecting the Baudrate with another value for some reason even though I had already set it. Changed it back to 4800 and all is well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.