yaesu ft70dr driver

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WB4EYE, Feb 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB4EYE

WB4EYE Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchased the 70dr and tried to get ADMS-10 running on win 7 laptop...Disaster. No com ports showing no matter what I did. I know the RT systems is the best but I want to try and use my win vista laptop first. Anyone know of drivers for this version of windows. The latest yaesu firmware only shows compatibility with win 7 and higher.

Thanks for your input.
    Mark WB4EYE

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

ADMS has excellent customer service. Take advantage of it.

3. WB4EYE

I have already contacted yaesu customer service in CA. Yes, I agree they have great customer service but could only advise based on the current firmware release which doesn't include win vista or xp although they say it should work. Im looking for other options before I purchase the RT systems package.

4. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

OK. Question time. You were trying out genuine ADMS software? Were you using the very specific ADMS FT-70DR cable? Not some fly by night Chirp cable? If so, I am not surprised it didn't work.

5. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My experience is that Yaesu provides good cutomer service on their radios...not so much regarding software. They prefer that you go to the software developers for assistance. I can agree with their attitude...it's tough maintaining software support given the number of platforms out there. That is not Yaesu's business at the moment. That could change in the future as radio is becoming more and more software dominant.
    This might be one of the reasons that the Yaesu new SDR radios are slow getting out of the gate.

KN4PHS likes this.
  6. WB4EYE

I haven't had a problem with yaesu support at all, they were great. I only inquired about the ADMS -10 software which is their own.
    To be clear, I'm using the above software from yaesu. I'm using yaesu firmware v1.11 and using the cable that came with the radio.
    tried it on a running win 7 laptop but the com ports didn't display and couldn't find drivers for them. Just wondering if anyone had any luck installing ADMS-10 on win vista or even xp.

Thanks to all for replying to my post.

7. WB4EYE

going to repost on more specific title

8. KN4PHS

KN4PHS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Get off of Windows VISTA and Windows 7. End-of-life and support products will be owned by a hacker. Windows 7 goes end-of-support Dec. 31, 2019. VISTA has been EOS for many years now.

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is BS Fake news.

KM4UHS likes this.
  10. KN4PHS

KN4PHS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any security vulnerabilities that are discovered will go un-patched by an EOSupport product. It is just a fact of life.
    What is with the BS Fake News crap anyway?