Yaesu FT5000 connection to HRD

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by WR7M, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WR7M

WR7M Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone experience getting their Yaesu ftdx5000 hooked up to Ham Radio Deluxe? What cable(s) did you use, where did you buy them, and what settings did you use.
    Thanks for any help and guidance - and 73's,
    Don - WR7M

2. KB7HK

KB7HK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Don,
    I have got it to work although I haven't used HRD much yet. You need a 9 pin female to 9 pin female straight rs232c serial cable. I had to use a gender changer on one end cause all my straight cables were male/female. I left menu item 032 at the default value of 4800bps and set HRD up the same way. Set Menu Item 034 to CAT RTS DISABLE. If you don't HRD won't work. Default for 034 is ENABLE so be sure to change it. When done press the MENU button for 2 seconds or so to save the changes. All the CAT functions seem to work fine. I use CAT for the transmit signal and it works fine. My interface is a PK232MBX/DSP/PSK and works fine with the ftdx5k after adjusting the levels.
    Hope that helps some.
    73 n gud dx de KB7HK

3. WR7M

WR7M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the reply! That help and I am now able to get HRD and the Yaesu 5000 to "sort of" talk together. The only issue I have left is that HRD seems to be changing the 5000 settings, specially it is changing the TX to transmit on receiver B. Can't figure out why or a cause, it appears to be random about every 15 minutes or so. The only workaround I have is to make sure receive B is on the same frequency as A before starting a QSO. I'll review my settings with yours and see if I missed something.

Again, thanks for the help.

73's Don WR7M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.