Yaesu FT DX5000MP

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by RK3TD, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nursing home.........

2. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

There are so many buttons and knobs on the FT-6000, that it looks worse then using sub-menus. :)

Even spending $2500 for a K3 makes me pause. But an extra 30db of 2kHz blocking over the Mark-V is very significant. It may actualy be worth the money for some performance. And you don't have to spend an extra $5K for 4 meters, 100 knobs, and a silly map of the world that I can see on my Ipod or PC.

Still, $2500 is $83.33 per DB. But I do want to try that function that lets you send PSK and RTTY by converting the CW you send with your paddles. Now that is cool. :)

3. K2TL

K2TL Ham Member QRZ Page

It was a joke guys! Ya know, sense of humor stuff? No red blooded American boy would trade a radio for Farrah:rolleyes:
    Geeez!

4. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

FTDX5000MP APPLIANCE-1000KNOBS

Farrah was never that good looking in my book-Big Teeth and TOOOO skinny

Go look at Cindy Margolis-now that a Babe I think -all the right
    fillings everywhere .:)

5. KA9MOT

Ye Olde Tale Tellers Nursing Home.....:D

6. KA9MOT

You obviously were not a 14 year old boy when Farrah was an Angel.....:)

7. KA9MOT

Speaking of Babes of the 70's......

WKRP's Baliey was Hot...Loni was not
    Giligans Mary Ann was the bomb....Ginger was a dud.
    Valery Bertinelli was and still is a goddess.
    Mr. Kotter was married to a total babe, Mrs. Kotter
    Wonder Woman.....Linda Carter...need I say more? That old bag still looks awesome.

8. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

We know it was a joke, just adding more poor humor. :)

9. M0JMO

M0JMO Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand the convenience of having a great performance all-in-one transceiver, but to save some money and possibly get even better RX performance, would a Software Defined Radio receiver (used in conjunction with your current TX) not be a better option than replacing your entire radio?

I'm doing this to "upgrade" my Icom IC-7000 - I haven't received it yet, so I don't know whether it's gonna work as well as I hope, but for £250, it's worth a punt.

:)

10. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

A Perseus would be an upgrade to an IC-7000 receiver, but what you are buying for £250, I don't know.

You still have to deal with switching between TX/RX, and tuning a separate TX/RX. Doesn't sound very convenient.

The Perseus is $1200 in the USA, and for a little more money you can buy a K3 and also have a transmitter, buttons, knobs and use it with or without a PC.

I don't see where you will save much money with a Perseus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.