Yaesu FT DX5000MP

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by RK3TD, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

Bandscope unit is ugly I'll admit; are those speaker vents flanking the display? Fortunately it seems like an option.

I have a K3 and while it's a fantastic performer, its ergonomics leave a little to be desired in my opinion. I've always held the big Yaesu rigs in very high esteem when it comes to functional design.

2. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

The K3 is the high bar, But I wouldn't trade my Mark-V for a little more blocking. But if Yaesu gets it right, and really gets the receiver rocking, that could be something.

I have no idea what Icom is doing, other then a bigger bandscope. :)

I shouldn't say any of this, as it could be offensive, but once there is a radio that has a receiver better then my Corsair, I may just spend extra money for the bandscope. :rolleyes:

3. XU7ADQ

XU7ADQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu's promised delivery date

Hmmmm.... I seem to remeber a 'promised' delivery date for the VX-8r being a 'little' delayed (about a year late in the UK).
    Must be nice to be able to look thru the pics and specs of the latest offerings and know you can afford it.
    I'll just keep on dreaming :mad:

4. XU7ADQ

XU7ADQ Ham Member QRZ Page

'Remember' even!

Doh!

5. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

Seeing the level of detail in the latest pamphlet, this would not surprise me. Guess they are a bit late for Christmas, are there any big events (ham related) where they might launch the new model? Or will it just pop-up in stores in the next few weeks?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

In fact the 5000D does come with the SM-5000 station monitor, but without the roofing filter.

FTdx5000: base model
    FTdx5000D: base + SM-5000 station monitor
    FTdx5000MP: base + 300Hz roofing filter

All three models side-by-side:
    http://rigreference.com/rigs/compare/5014,5013,4680

7. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean besides Dayton? Or that Superfest thing AES throws in Milwaukee every year?

8. KC8QVO

KC8QVO Ham Member QRZ Page

The FTdx-5000 comes with roofing filters installed at 15kc, 6kc, 3kc, and 600c. There is an OPTIONAL 300c filter. I would think only if you are a hard core CW operator would you need the 300c, the 600 alone is far and away better than any of the big manufacturer's selections to date. Only Ten Tec and Elecraft have offerings in this ballgame.

The FTdx-5000 is just the radio stock with no options. The FTdx-5000D has the SM-5000 station monitor included but no 300c roofing filter. The FTdx-5000MP has both the SM-5000 station monitor AND 300c filter.

click here for more info

Steve, KC8QVO

9. DF5LR

DF5LR Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K2TL

K2TL Ham Member QRZ Page

Now that there is a 3 page pullout in this months QST, I can take replace my Farrah Fawcett poster. WOW!
    :D
    K2TL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.