Yaesu FT-991A, Win4Yaesu, WSJT-X, and OmniRig

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KN4QNA, May 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KN4QNA

KN4QNA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Yaesu FT-991A hooked to my computer and controlled with Win4Yaesu. Also, I have WSJT-X installed and functioning when not using Win4Yaesu. I have installed Com0Com and OmniRig in an attempt to get the two pieces of software to play nice and share the radio interface. When running both pieces of software, Win4Yaesu connects to the radio and the virtual ports I have created with Com0Com. I have a second WSJT-X configuration for the OmniRig setup with the settings suggested in the Win4Yaesu YouTube video. When trying to connect WSJT-X to the OmniRig port, I get an error in WSJT-X that reads "OmniRig port is not available"

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it? THank you in advance, KN4QNA

2. W1SRR

W1SRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello, have you figured out the work around for this?

Mike
    de W1SRR

3. KN4QNA

I did. The appropriate setting is the 991A and the virtual com port NOT the Omnirig port. I have Win4Yaesu set up to run FT8, FLDIGI, and Winlink simultaneously now

W1SRR likes this.
  4. W1SRR

Excellent! SO just install the Com0Com software and work from there?

5. KN4QNA

I'm fairly sure Omnirig is unneeded. I don't remember if I uninstalled it or not however

6. W1SRR

the Com0com software is now null-modem emulator and free for 15 days. Not sure if you updated to that version as yet...