Yaesu FT-990 gets a Pan Adapter

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KD8UYQ, Jan 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD8UYQ

KD8UYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Max,

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to give me a call. I really enjoyed our conversation and will let you know what I find as I further troubleshoot the mystery RF spectrum hump on my panoramic display.

Ripley

VE3TMT likes this.
  2. KD8UYQ

Hello All,

Just a quick update for you. I received my new SDR USB stick from NooElec.com yesterday and connected it up to the FT-990 this morning. It did not fix the RF spectrum hump in the middle of the panoramic display but it is more sensitive then the generic one that I was using before. I can hear things on the PC that I can barely pick out on the transceiver itself. The frequency drift is nonexistent as far as I can tell and the audio quality is much better.

What fixed the bump was relocating the PAT buffer board to the input of the roofing filter instead of the output where it was before.
    This is what my PC display looks like now.

Pan-Adpt display tap before roof filter.png

Much better.

Ripley

3. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Great work Ripley.

4. KD8UYQ

Hi Max,

Yes sir. All is well with the Yaesu FT-990 and pan-adapter interface now.

Ripley

5. KW1HF

KW1HF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice Job Well Done and Nice and Clean. I have my buffer and ordered the
    Nesdr smart premium USB RTL-SDR to install and use it in my IC-706. And when
    I get my Yaesu 450D up and running 100% I will do it also. So be ready for some questions.

6. KD8UYQ

OK Steve. I will do what I can to help you with your setup.

73s

Ripley

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 12:58 PM