Yaesu FT-920

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by Guest, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

The FT-920 has a peculiarity that he is not single the one that I have. While in SSB the  frequency can
    be controlled of the modulation from a rank from +300 to -300 being -300  the one of more low in way
    AM/FM this function not this available one. Although if it has  available DSP (Menu U-51) that is a type
    of equilizer that has 4 options:

0. Disabeled
    1. Mid & hight frecuency
    2. Hy emphasis
    3. Both low & hight frecuency
    4. Wide bandpass

In spite of the DSP in  AM/FM it does not give the suitable tones of modulation as it  gives them in SSB
    in AM/FM gives them acute, without concerning the microphone that use: Yaesu MD-100-A8X,
    Astatic 1104c, Turner SSB+2 and Turner Expander 500. The option 0 Disabeled is the one that better
    result this giving  but not optimal.

Let me if you know some "trick" that can help me on
    the matter.

73's,

Jesus Rosario KP4JRL
    jrosario@coopaca.com

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Jesus:

I wonder if you have access to that wonderful 1000 ft dish there! (I used to work with some folks from the Arecibo observatory)...magnificant science!

Do you have access to an audio generator? A microphone is not the best way to check audio frequency of a radio or an equalizer. How are you measuring the FM deviation? There is usually some pre-emphasis on FM that does not exist on SSB. I think the best thing to do is to disable any equalization and see what the frequency response of the transmitter is, again, using a signal generator.

Also, if you have the service manual for the radio, that should have alignment instructions. Those fine folks at Arecibo might be able to help you out too!

Good luck,
    eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.