Yaesu FT-902DM has no 80 meter band

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by K3LEO, Jun 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. K3LEO

K3LEO Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to have the 80 meter band for a few minutes,till it fell out,now not at all..all other band are good.I switched out xtal unit , same thing, Any ideas?

2. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you verified that the Xtal Unit is getting a proper signal from the switch contact when you select 80m? (easy to check with an ohm meter)

If it ISN'T, the switch contact itself is the most likely culprit . . . visual inspection will usually reveal the problem . . . it may just need cleaning with switch cleaner/lubricant, but sometimes you need to do some careful bending of the contact.

Roger G3YRO

3. K3LEO

K3LEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Put meter In Crystal slots? There looks to be than one contact on band switch shaft. What cleaner
    For best results. Much thanks

4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

If you look at the circuit diagram, you should be able to see where to hook your meter leads to, so that you can check the connection on each band crystal.

In terms of best switch cleaner, I have always found it best to use a combined Switch Cleaner & Lubricant in an aerosol can (eg Servisol Super 10) on pots, switches and relay contacts (although you will get many different opinions on here!)

Roger G3YRO