Caution Yaesu FT-897D package

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K3OG, Mar 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  • QRZ
    Important Rules
    Why this post has been flagged with "Caution"

This listing was flagged with Caution because it did not conform to our swapmeet safety rules.

We mark all non-conforming posts in this manner, regardless of any previous history or reputation that the indicated seller may have. Every listing is evaluated separately and we always urge extra caution in dealing with sellers whose listings don't conform. This caution notice may be removed if the seller subsequently corrects the problem, the details of which may be noted below.

Note that even if and when the listing does conform to our safety rules that QRZ does not endorse or recommend any any swapmeet sale or offer.

Notes: Please look for moderator comments below for the specific reason this listing was flagged.
    Our moderators may remove the caution flag once the listing has been corrected.

1. K3OG

K3OG Ham Member QRZ Page

Up for sale is a good condition Yaesu FT-897D package. It comes with the original mic and power cable. Also the TCXO-09 and 60m memories so I think it is the 'D' version. All items work as they should and the batteries appear to be better than 80% of new capacity. I am the 2nd owner and it has been strictly in the shack since I bought it last year. Non-smoker, but with a cat in the house.

I get good audio reports on 20m, 40m, and 80m SSB, and 2m SSB/FM and it works fine with an Ameritron AL-811H amp and on digital modes (FT8). Power out meets specs. Has minor scrapes except where it appears the previous owner dropped it and broke off part of the aluminum fin (see photos). This does not effect operation. I bought this planning to use for 'campground mobile' operations but now have 6 HF rigs and no need for it.

Additional items include:

Two Yaesu FNB-78 Batteries 13.2 VDC at 4500 mAh
      Yaesu CD-24 charge adapter which will recharge the FNB-78 battery pack in about 4 hours.
      Yaesu PA-26B AC Adapter designed to power the CD-24. The input voltage is 100 to 240 VAC 50 to 60 Hz at 1.1 amps. This allows potential overseas operation (a simple plug adapter, not supplied, may be required). Output is 24 VDC at 1.8 amps, center positive.
      Yaesu MMB-80 Mounting Bracket is designed expressly for the FT-897 and FT-897D.
      It will also accommodate the FC-30, if used.
      Also including a newly-printed comb-bound copy of the manual.
      New, this accessory package was $507 + radio.

I am asking $725 SHIPPED to anywhere in the US. Will be boxed and padded, worked VK and ZL stations earlier this evening so will not be DOA, but no returns. Paypal or USPS MO accepted. Emailed responses preferred.

73s, Peter, K3OG

Attached Files:

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Your call sign must appear in at least one photo with the actual item for sale. Thank you.

3. QRZ
      Important Rules
      Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.