Yaesu FT 857 857D LCD Display (zebra stripe) repair.

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by WD8BWW, Jan 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FT 857 or 857D control head LCD (zebra stripe) repair. If you have the zebra stripes on your Yaesu 857 Control head and would like a crystal clear display again this would solve that problem. I disassemble the head completely. Clean everything then I install all new electronics (control board with new LCD) from Yaesu. Attached are before and after pictures. This repair will also fix a defective head. US. $250 which includes shipping and insurance. I also can perform this service for international customers. I accept PayPal, Credit Card, check, or MO. Phone number 816-223 3246.

Attached Files:

KD0WYO likes this.
  2. WD8BWW

I also refurbish FT897 displays.

3. KC9KRB

KC9KRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone stole my control head for my 857d. Would you have any for sale? And if so what would be the cost.

4. KC6AUP

KC6AUP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Andy,

It's been a bit over 14 months since you fixed my FT-897, still working great.

5. BG8JVA

BG8JVA Ham Member QRZ Page

我的FT897也有一条斑马线,暂时还不影响使用

6. WD8BWW

BG8JVA you are correct it does not effect the function of the 897. It just makes it hard to use. I do repairs for customers all over the world. If you decide you want it fixed, you can just send me the front panel to save on international shipping and taxes. Also are you located in China?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  7. BG8JVA

是的 ,我在中国重庆。

8. WD8BWW

I visited many cities in China on business but not your city.

9. BG8JVA

哦,重庆是中国的直辖市,近几年发展很不错。欢迎您来重庆旅游访问。

10. WD8BWW

I visited many old and new cities, some that were very new construction. Shanghai is one of the most modern cities I visited in my world travels. I spent a lot of time in the Electronics companies in south east China. I also visited central China: Xian, Chengdu. In west China Golmud and to Lasa Tibet. Anyway this is very off topic but I never had an opportunity for QSO with China amateur before.