Yaesu FT-790RII (country ver. C)

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by IZ2EWV, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. IZ2EWV

IZ2EWV Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to share with you my experience, after having posted the previous message: I was victim of a fraud trial. Fortunately, it had a happy end and I loose only my time...
    A presumed german OM, named An...a Ro..n, callsign DG..K, signed up on www.qrzcq.com) who is living in Georgia (Eastern Europe), replied from an...aro..n40@gmail.com, writing me that the transceiver was available and asking what offer I could place. I told him my offer and he sent me one photo, but not all those I wanted to see (especially in power on condition): I didn't check before (even if usually I do!), but now I find that the photo was picked from Internet (see http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/388781) and that was the reason why he didn't send me other photos.
    He enjoyed my offer and (generous man!) wrote me that the shipping, by DHL or UPS, was included. Please note: this cost is around € 70... (I checked online).
    He proposed me payment by bank transfer or PayPal, on an Chinese account of a trading company that has no clear relationship with him! I thank PayPal, if yesterday I had my money back, after one day only from my claim!
    But, lets finish my story: at a certain point, I wrote him by saying that I decided to quit, because of the unclear/unexpected details of this deal and the possibility that whoever could have read my post on QRZ and played the part of this OM. He played the offended party, but admitted that probably he should have done the same, if he was in my shoes. So I decided to go on, trusting on the PayPal purchase protection (never used before...).
    I payed but, after the seller received my money, he wrote me that he was having unexpected problems with shipping, because he found that in Georgia it is necessary to open a license for exporting goods, and this costs about € 300,00. He was asking me instructions (translated: other money)!!!
    I wasn't born yesterday: I quit immediately and called PayPal, claiming that the parcel wasn't delivered.
    PayPal asked the Chinese accountant a demonstration of the shipping and they immediately gave a DHL tracking number: my presumed "Yaesu FT-790RII" was picked-up in China (not Georgia) and was delivered in Africa (not exactly my address...) after touching Germany and Belgium.
    PayPal told me that this is a well known fraud, in which two are the possible victims: the purchaser or the forwarder of money (the Chinese owner of the PayPal account). I was saved only because I used a payment mode that is protected against missing or wrong delivery.
    I hope that this post of mine could be useful for you all, and, if you have some suggestion for the future, I will be happy to consider it.

73 de Alberto, IZ2EWV