Yaesu FT-747GX

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KI4RVV, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI4RVV

KI4RVV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I need to find someone that has had one of these and knows something about them. It has a light attached inside on the board that does not come on at anytime, it will jump up and down on freq it does this when it has mind to do so, not all the time. and I can find anything in the book about any of this. And last does this cooling fan ever come on?
    KI4RVV@UltraDX.com

2. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

The "Light" is the rx protection lamp, if it blows (overload or static) it must be replaced to restore the rx. Thats is its only function. The Jumpy VFO problem? Maybe you can disassemble the VFO knob and check it. There may be dirt or a mechanical/adjustment issue there.

Oops, sorry.. I reread your issue and it sounds like you have to go over the PLL section of the rig, the 747 sometimes suffers from cold solder joints in that area and if you rap it on top, you will notice it will drift. Check the pll and go over it with an iron, then reset the caps as per the service manual. Give em a few turns back and forth to clean em up then set for proper voltage.. This should cure your problem, I had a few 747's that did this. Email me if you need any further help.

Regards. Richy N2ZD

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  3. KJ5XX

KJ5XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong forum - probably need to post this to the Q&A forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.