Yaesu FT-736R Question? Is there a memory battery and if so... where is it located?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by K0ATG, May 2, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

thanks... I just noticed the memories were getting reset this past week and figured that there must be a battery. Glad to know that's it's "easy" even though that panel is a pain to open up (ok, a little pain, but still a pain :) )

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, the Yaesu FT-736R lithium coin cell (memory battery) was discussed earlier in this thread, that was started in May 2015. I noted replacement lamps, in that post, as well.
    Yaesu used Sony as their OEM for this coin-cell battery in 1980s and 1990s.

Digi-Key sells the Panasonic Solder-tab direct replacement (lasts about 20 years).
    Digi-Key P660-ND -- Panasonic CR-2032/VCN -- 4,196 in stock, $1.14 each
    http://www.digikey.com/product-sear...ries-non-rechargeable-primary/394467?k=660-nd

REMOVE your FT-736R TOP COVER, you should SEE battery (photo below) on control board.
    Per the FT-736R Service Manual, drop down the front panel to access the control board.

Top View of FT-736R, looking down on Control Board.
    You can see the Yellow insulation around replacement battery.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    KA2CZU likes this.
  3. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

okee, mouser is sending me a battery, Bill is sending me a lamp fuse.

hopefully will open up the rig "soon".... been getting on sats and would like to program in a few memories for once.
    It will make it easier when switching from sat to sat on back to back to back passes as typically happens :)