For Sale YAESU FT-736R 70cm/2M Multimode w/options; tech special

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NH7RO, Jan 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu FT-736R VHF/UHF Multimode transceiver in good partially working condition. Receives and transmits fine; full 22-25 watts out when last tested around 2007 in KH6. In the process of replacing a small meter light bulb that was out I also attempted replacing the foam behind the front panel that provides pressure for the push buttons on the right side. Upon reassembly my different foam failed to function as a "spring" for the pushbuttons and now they feel stuck and don't function. Still could use an extra bulb (maybe a 12v LED would be brighter) and I still have the little soft rubber/plastic bulb holders that I will include with the rig. This may be an easy fix or maybe not; I will leave that up to someone with a better magic touch than I. I currently am unable to test it further as I have no antennas for 2M/70cm bands operational here but it powers up fine and there is plenty of audio. Guaranteed not DOA but as with all items sold here no returns due to potential parts swappers.

Built in AC power supply works or can run on 13.8vdc by switching the plug on the back panel.

Has stock 2M and 70cm modules (other slots for 50, 222 and/or 1296 modules are empty).

Options include:

XF-455 600hz CW filter

FTS-8 Tone encoder/squelch unit

CW Keyer Unit B

MH1-B8 Microphone, AC 3-prong power cord, original Owner's Manual, QST Review, accessory installation instruction sheets included.
    Original box got tossed while in KH6 so will be well-packed in a large sturdy box for shipping.

Serial #81160179 From a non-smoking user/household.

I used this rig for VHF/UHF contesting and satellite work when I was a Tech from my California QTH (1998-2001) with great success in those arenas. I will miss this fine rig but I think it will better serve someone who can tinker with it and get it fully operational again.

$450 plus actual shipping to buyer's QTH.

As this rig is big and heavy (about 22-25lbs packed) shipping cost should run between $29 (Texas/neighboring states) to $57-$60 or more for rest of CONUS or Hawaii, Alaska or Possessions. If you would like an exact shipping quote please contact me with your zip code prior to purchase.

Parcel Post is usually a few bucks cheaper than Priority and I can ship either way with tracking and with/without insurance at buyer's expense (your choice).

PAYMENT: USPS (Postal) Money Order or cash on pickup in/around Rockport, Texas 78382. No PayPal or checks or other money orders will be accepted. My mailing address and email are both good on QRZ and I will check daily for PMs.

Here's one photo for now and I will immediately add about a dozen additional photos in a separate post below.
    [​IMG]

2. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    KEYER UNIT B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KG7SWP likes this.
  3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.