Yaesu FT 7100M

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KG4BTO, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG4BTO

KG4BTO Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't own one but planning to get one. If it works like most yaesu radios you should make sure the upper and lower limits are not skipped. I had the the same problem with the 3000m. Had them skipped to block them from regular scan. Unlocked the limits and no problems. Also make sure the display says PMS (programed memory search).

2. KB8RCO

KB8RCO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been using Yaesu equipment since 1994, and I find this every once in a while. My FT-530 HT doesn't scan between upper and lower limits. I never found it to be a big enough issue to send back for repair though. I usually have a scanner along also. Currently I use the Yaesu VR-500 All Mode, mico scanner and LOVE IT.

By the way, others: FT-10's (1 of 5 had the issue), FT-50's (0 for 3 with the issue), and VX-150 (0 for 7 with issue). Actually, these are not all 'MY' radios, but radios in use with people I've recommended them too and use them similar to me! Two others had FT-530 purchased at the same time as I bought mine (1994) and neither fo theirs had the issue - that's why I continued with Yaesu.

Your's is the first VX-150 I've heard of. I kind of thought Yaesu was through this.

KB8RCO
    Rob

3. KD7OIR

KD7OIR Ham Member QRZ Page

visit http://www.mods.dk/ and look up your radio (yaesu ft7100).
    they left something out of the owners manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.