Yaesu FT-60R

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KC2ROA, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KF4JQP

KF4JQP Guest

I have had my FT-60R for over a Year now and I love it I did get a better antenna and it performs better. It is nothing for me to hit some of the repeaters 50+ miles away. Great HT for the money....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  3. W7JCJ

W7JCJ Guest

KF4JQP

Just curious what antenna did u end up going with ?

4. KF4JQP

KF4JQP Guest

MFJ 1717S
    144/440 MHz highgain Antenna

5. KC9PBM

KC9PBM Ham Member QRZ Page

The beep is annoying my friends on the local repeater!

Yesterday, I purchased a FT-60R. I am working through the manual and learning about how to program and use the unit. One problem I am having a hard time fixing is this. Every time I transmit an audible beep is heard before I speak. It drives my people on the local repeater nuts! :mad: Can this be turned off? I am thinking it might have something to do with the ctcss settings. If anyone has any advice I sure would appreciate it.

73s

6. KB6M

KB6M Ham Member QRZ Page

PBM,
    I also had this problem when I first got my radio. I believe it was because of the internet connection feature. The feature is controlled by the {0/set} key. Check the manual under the section Internet Connection Feature.

Hope it works for you.

Greg

7. W9PSK

W9PSK Ham Member QRZ Page

The FT60 is a good dual band HT. Yaesu pretty much has the market wrapped up on that type of HT. However, I still like my V-82 better. I can get out further with it on 4 watts than I can on my FT60 on 5 watts.

8. KM0F

KM0F Ham Member QRZ Page

The button with the electron orbit has been activated. turon it off and the beep will go away.

9. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I got one for the wife and ordered the Yaesu software and cable with it -- made programming a snap. Didn't even have to read the instructions for the programmer or the radio to get it working.

10. KW4HKY

KW4HKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Simplex mode shortcut

I am still looking for a shortcut key to switch from repater to simplex.
    I can't get out 5 miles on simplex at 5 watts with an upgraded rubber duck. I have an adapter on the way to try on my mobil antenna. I hope that works.

Open to suggestions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.