Yaesu FT-450D being discontinued

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE0GXN, Jul 31, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Did you not read my post? o_O

Dave
    W7UUU

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I should have added that today, almost all the parts used in rigs and TVs and microwave ovens and everything else are not made in U.S.A. They're made all over the world, largely in China (but also Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Mexico, et al).

If we want to be really smart, instead of being American-centric, we'd negotiate like crazy with the places actually making all the parts to get the best deals possible on them.

I'm waiting for the first American company to make electric motors and generators that don't use neodymium, which all comes from China.:)

KU5Q likes this.
  3. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It has served me well, my first and only HF radio to date.....I have worked the world with that little box!

Oh well, maybe someday I will replace with a “big rig”, till then I’ll keep putting out RF with it into the atmosphere and see who I can reach!!

WB3EYB, NK8I, WE4E and 3 others like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's the spirit :)

And don't let the internal speaker be an issue - just use an external one :)

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KC3RN

KC3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

True, but it still says "Icom" on it. That, for me, is a turn-off. Sad to see the FT-450D go away. I use mine daily, and really like it.

KE0GXN likes this.
  6. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They're not going away. There will be thousands of them available on the used market market for many years to come.

W4IOA and W7UUU like this.
  7. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, we're in agreement that the FT450 speaker is horrible. Did I miss something?

8. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Was just a matter of time before the 7300 made it into another thread.

PU2OZT and W4IOA like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

About a Yaesu, no less.

10. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

YAESU's NEWEST

OUR NEW YAESU.png
    ---Layne AE1N

VK6APZ, WZ7U, WE4E and 1 other person like this.