Yaesu FT 450 PSK31

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by M0GBF, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ4IDH

KJ4IDH Ham Member QRZ Page

I also echo K4LSX as well on the yahoo group....Lets of helpful folks there as well...

Go to Yaesu's site and find the FT-450 page, There will be 4 tabs- Description, Packages, Accessories and Files. Go to the files tab and download the PCC450 software. Once downloaded and unzipped, run PCC-450.exe. No install required, just the exe. Setup the com port and speed and you should have full rig control, including all menu functions just by clicking on the screen like you would on the radio. It should look like this..

[​IMG]

2. M0GBF

M0GBF Ham Member QRZ Page

John I have signed up to the Yahoo FT450 Forum I am now waiting for confirmation thanks.

3. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is what I set in my Menu on my FT-450 for PSK I use HRD & DM-780 and my interface is a Donner's digital interface which is cheap on the net only 40.00 and works great on my Ft-450

My radio settings
    Dig vox off
    D Type Use-U
    D Disp +2000
    cat rate 38400
    cat RTS enable

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Make sure the one menu setting is set for DATA, not MIC.

Friend of mine had that issue with his FT-450 and I had to make sure my FT-950 was set up that way in order to TX digital modes.

Not sure what # that setting is on the FT-450, but read your manual and you will find it. On the FT-950 it is menu # 114 TGEN VOX SEL.

It will be either mic or data, you need to set it to data.

5. VE3PP

Did the above information help you at all?

6. VE3PP

Well apparently that info was of no help to you. Maybe you need to go through the entire set up again, start from scratch and see what happens.

7. AA0CW

AA0CW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. K5TCJ

K5TCJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FT-450 & PSK31 - Revisited

I've searched around here and the FT-450 Yahoo group and haven't seen my problem.

Here's the setup: FT-450, home brew audio interface, HRD and DM780.
    HRD has positive control of the FT-450 via the DB9. (I love HRD when I'm operating SSB)
    Receiving PSK works great.

But when I try to send, DM780/HRD keys the FT-450 (running in USB), but I'm not getting out. Although I've got the FT-450 set for about 50W out, the power meter on my tuner barely moves. Which is telling me that little to no audio is getting to the balanced modulator.

I've checked, and when sending, there is audio from the PC on pin 1 of the mini-din connector feeding the FT-450. And have varied the output level of the sound card.

Dig Vox is off.
    I've tried D Type as both RTTY and User-U.

My next step is to try putting the send audio in the microphone jack. Is it possible that the data jack audio input is not always usable?

Any thoughts and ideas are invited.

TNX

Tim KF5JDH

9. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're feeding the audio to the radio via the data port, then use DATA mode not USB.

If you're getting some output but not very much, then try increasing the DIG Gain level.

Is there a resistive splitter or step-down transformer in the interface - maybe the values need to be changed.

10. K5TCJ

K5TCJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks. That did the trick.

Tim KF5JDH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.