Yaesu FT 450 PSK31

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by M0GBF, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. M0GBF

M0GBF Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having problems trying to set up my Yaesu FT450 to operate PSK31. I have connected from my radio to the computer using interface cables and downloaded BPSK31 I can receive o.k. but I cannot transmit, when I try to configure the Waterfall nothing comes up, the same thing happens on Transmitter Drive I think maybe I have not got the menu on my radio set up right, can anyone tell me what settings I should use. There is also one other thing that happens when I press the TR bitton the waterfall stops rolling.

2. KJ4IDH

KJ4IDH Ham Member QRZ Page

What type of interface are you using? Are you using USB-Data mode on the rig?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  3. M0GBF

There are two cables one consists of a 9 pin DB9 and an8 pin mini din connector. This cable connects between the PCs RS232 port and the 8 pin CATsocket on the receiver. The second cable consists of a pair of3.5mm stereo jacks and a 6 pin mini din plug. I got these from Sephen Gwilliam www.xggcomms.com. Does this help.

4. KJ4IDH

I would first verify that you have full rig control via serial, DB9 on PC to DB9 on the rig. Get the rig control software from Yaesu's website that is designed for the FT-450. If you are able to control the rig half the battle is won.

Also, which software are you using for PSK?

Post back if that works and we can go from there.

5. M0GBF

Hi the software I have downloaded is BPSK31 I don't know if this is correct if not what would you suggest I need.

6. KJ4IDH

I prefer Ham Radio Deluxe for the digital modes.....

Go ahead and try the Yaesu software first to make sure you have reliable serial communication between the radio and PC.

7. KC8AHN

KC8AHN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 450, I can say that my PSK goes into the data port on the back of the radio and USB on the computer along with two sound card connections, one for mic and one for speaker.

I am not sure the serial port on the radio will run PSK. Also, the only software I could get to work with digital on my rig was digipan.

8. K4LSX

K4LSX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FT-450 question

methinks you ought to join the Yahoo Groups Fox Tango FT-450 Forum...

I have FT-450 (and FT-950)...loads of info and experienced ops on those forums...

John
    K4LSX

9. M0GBF

I have been on the Yaesu website but I cannot see where I can download the software you are talking about.

10. M0GBF

The software I am using is also Digipan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.