Yaesu ft-3000m keys up but doesn't TX

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K9BPS, Jan 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9BPS

K9BPS Ham Member QRZ Page

my mobile worked fine last night checking into a local net. This afternoon, it would key up (tx light on, power meter works) but could not access repeater. ( I was hearing others on the repeater. I use this repeater frequently and am a member of the club.) I tried total reset and reprogram without fixing it. Tried plugging/unplugging the mic. Plugged up to my base antenna/PS. PS shows it is pulling 6-8A in TX but I can't access repeater. The tone is correct as is the offset. I'm questioning the mic. Any ideas? Thx and 73s

2. W8VQK

W8VQK Ham Member QRZ Page

have you tried another Mic? you should still hit the repeater even if you aren't putting out any audio. your carrier should open it. Do you have a dummy load to test into to make sure your signal is getting out?

3. K9BPS

I don't have a dummy load or spare mic for it. I'm trying to find out if someone local has a mic I can try. Just wondered if anyone has had the same issue

4. K9BPS

If anyone has a service manual they could email me, that would be great.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have a scanner or another radio that you can listen to yourself on ?

6. K9BPS

Actually I could do that. I have a base 2m in my garage. I'll try that tonight.

7. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be most helpful if you would tell us what radio you have.

8. K9BPS

I'm sorry. I put it in the title but not the post itself. It is a Yaesu FT-3000m 2m mobile with 70cm receive

9. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

My bad! I promise to put on my glasses next time!

10. K9BPS

no problem. i'm curious to get home and try TX with it and listen on my base. it receives great. itll be interesting to try and find out whats going on with it