SOLD Yaesu FT-2980R w/RT Software/Cable

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W9HJ, Dec 5, 2019 at 1:33 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

FT-2980R 80 Watt Heavy-Duty 144 MHz FM Transceiver

The improved FT-2980 now with 80 Watts of High power output! No Cooling Fan Needed, a huge, easy-to-read display, and one-touch WIRES™ Internet Linking Access capability are yours with the rugged new FT-2980R!

For easy repeater access, or silent monitoring of busy channels, both CTCSS and DCS (Digital Code Squelch) Encoder/Decoder circuits are built in. CTCSS and DCS configuration data may be stored independently in each memory channel. A “Split Tone” mode also allows operation on systems where CTCSS and DCS are used separately on the repeater uplink/downlink.

The FT-2980R provides a total of 221 memory channels, including 200 “regular” memories, ten pairs of band-limit memories, and an instant-recall “Home” channel you can dedicate to a frequently-used repeater or simplex frequency. Memories can store repeater shift information, CTCSS/DCS data, power output level, scanning status (“Skip”), and Alpha-Numeric labels.

The FT-2980R includes a conveniently-located “Internet” key, for quick access to Internet-linked repeater systems. Internet repeater linking allows you to use your FT-2980R to talk to other Amateurs throughout the world, with outstanding voice signal quality. The “Internet” key may be configured to send either a single DTMF digit, or a DTMF string, for operation on a WIRES™ (Wide-Coverage Internet Repeater Enhancement System) repeater, or on other Internet-linked repeaters using DTMF tone access. For more information on WIRES™, please visit our Web site (www.yaesu.com)

ALSO INCLUDES

RT Systems Radio Programming Software and Cable YPS-2980-USB

The unit works perfectly. The only reason I'm selling it is because I got a Yaesu FTM-100DR as a gift. All accessories are included except the manual (I can't find it, but it can be downloaded from the Yaesu site).

Asking $140.00.

All items work and are from a smoke free environment. Absolutely no trades. PayPal or Cash only. Items are for local pick-up or I can deliver within 25 miles of Hanover, PA. Will ship CONUS for $10 additional.

20191204_200236.jpg 20191204_200514.jpg 20191204_200614.jpg 20191204_200704.jpg

K2DJ, KG4BFR, KE9OL and 2 others like this.
  2. W9HJ

I do now. But that's also after a $20 mail in rebate that you have to wait for and doesn't include the programming cable and software, which costs another $45.

I'd be willing to take less, make an offer.

3. KC1KWX

KC1KWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay with that said, I am considering making an offer. 73.

W9HJ likes this.
  4. W9HJ

How about $119 shipped (radio and software and cable) to anywhere in the CONUS? Basically you wouldn't have to wait for the $20 for the mail in rebate, pay shipping from Gigaparts, and get the software/cable for free?

5. KO5V

KO5V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Look for a PM and email. I would like to buy it if it isn't already gone. Thanks. Jim

6. W9HJ

You were the first, so tentatively it's yours.

7. W9HJ

Sold. Will ship tomorrow. Thanks again!

8. K1DNC

K1DNC Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone purchased this radio yet ?
    If not all take the package for $120.00 delivered w/ all the goods

9. W9HJ

Sorry, yes.

There were 2 others who made offers that were at the new asking price and as a matter of conscience had to go with the offer that was first. It has been sold and paid for already.

10. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.