Yaesu FT-101e Spare Parts

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by K5FRH, May 23, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K5FRH

K5FRH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am negotiating the purchase of an estate that will include several FT-101e chassis that appear to have been saved for spares. I dont need all of them, so I was considering parting them out. I could list the boards along with their serial numbers. I assume there might also be need for the power transformers, front panels, and maybe knobs.

I would like opinions on this as to what parts are needed the most, etc.

I will only list here and maybe in Paul's group on Facebook......no eBay.

Thanks, Rod, K5FRH

2. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have an FT-101 of any kind, but I'm pretty sure that the AM filters are becoming rare.
    Good luck with your negotiations.

K5FRH likes this.
  3. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well the mains transformers are extremely good, and usually never fail !

And although all the boards are usually very reliable too (and easy to repair if a component DOES fail), I am sure there will be some people interested in some of them.

What is good is the fact that the boards are nearly all interchangeable between the different FT101 models, ie you could put an FT101 Mk1 Audio Board in an FT101F, or vice versa, and it will work fine ! (it's just the circuitry on the board that may be slightly different, but it will still work)

One part that does sometimes fail is the Heater switch. And the VFO ball drives go lumpy or loose sometimes (although they are still available brand new from the British company that made them for Yaesu)

Also the main relay is often damaged by people using abrasives to clean the contacts - no replacement is readily available, so they are quite valuable.

Finally, some heavy-handed people end up damaging the trimmers on the small boards underneath that resonate the Permeability-tuned circuits, so there may be demand for those.

Roger G3YRO

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    N8YX, K5FRH and W1TRY like this.