ad: ProAudio-1

Yaesu Ft-1000MP VS Yaesu FT-2000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by N1ASS, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. N1ASS

N1ASS Ham Member QRZ Page

I am currently running a Yaesu FT-1000MP with all filters and the Inrad Roofing Fiter,I am wondering for somebody like me that I only use the radio for Rag Chewing and No Dxing what would be the Pros and Cons on getting a Yaesu FT-2000???????
    Thank you and Happy New Year.73..........Bill / N1ASS.:)

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

As I remember , the 2000 can be hooked up to the DMU but the 1000 can't . I am not familiar with either that much .

3. M0GVZ

M0GVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Pros - you get to say you own a FT2000.
    Cons - you pay more for a good second hand FT2000 than a brand new FT950 which has a better receiver and none of the problems of the FT2000.

4. N1ASS

Can be hooked up to the DMU??????

That wont make me go and buy one.Thanks Bill / N1ASS.:)

5. KD0CAC

I was hoping to see more replies .
    There a few sites with info on comparing rigs , one if RigPix - http://www.rigpix.com/
    Oldfarters won't let me remember the others , I have saved a few in bookmarks but if I can't remember then I just Google , then I find more .

6. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

What are you goals with it? Contesting, DXing, CW, phone, digital? All those need to be taken into account.

7. N1ASS

I only use the radio for Rag Chewing and No Dxing what would be the Pros and Cons on getting a Yaesu FT-2000???????:)

8. N4WSH

N4WSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both of those radios. My FT-1000MP is bare bone stock with no filters, the FT-2000 is the PEP with the latest firmware update. I use the 2000 as my main rig and the 1000MP as a back up and also for digi modes. I have to admit that I really like the roofing filter in the 2000, and the DMU-2000 is a nice addition too, but I've always been a geek when it comes to bells and whistles. It seems to me that the audio on the 1000MP is a bit cleaner sounding and the noise blankers really work on the 1000MP, the 2000 well not so good in my opinion. "If" I had to get rid of one of the radios I think it would be the 2000, as I'm just a bit more familiar with the 1000MP. Pro's - both are great rigs, Cons - Man his hobby can get expensive!

9. KD0CAC

I haven't found an inexpensive hobby yet , the fun is almost directly proportional the money spent .
    Many yrs. is shooting competition , there's a real push in custom made , some like bench rest , almost anything not custom is not competitive .
    About 20 yrs. ago I was looking at getting back into RC because of helicopters , I resisted , then miniature turbines came out , re-interested again , but the cost is to much so I'll be on the side lines , the smallest turbine I've found , was about $3,500 for just the engine .
    Sorry for derailing the thread .

10. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

well since you dont need the dual receive for DX, why not go with a FT-950? The 1000 MP and 2000 are really designed for DXing and contesting, whereas the FT-950 has the reciever of the FT-2000 and can be upgraded via firmware and has a smaller footprint than the ft-2000 or 1000.

M1KEV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.