Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V and Digi modes

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by WI9WIS, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WI9WIS

WI9WIS Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings to all fellow operators;

I recently acquired a Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V at an auction. I have purchased a USB to Serial adapter so I may use this radio and connect it to my computer. What I ultimately want to do is use this radio using PSK31, or RTTY, etc. The radio is communicating with HRD good with the radio display on my computer and all controls are functional.

My question is, transmit PSK31, RTTY and all other modes using the serial port Com and also receive using the Serial Port? If so, can someone help me with configuring this radio to HRD for use? Thank you.

73!

Kevin
    KC9AEI

2. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't own one of these, but in looking at the owner's manual, it appears that the serial port on the back of the radio is strictly for CAT control and has nothing to do with audio in and out which is required for the sound card based digital modes (except for FSK RTTY). For those digital modes, you will need some sort of sound card interface to go between your computer's sound card and the radio.

One of the more popular ones is the Tigertronics SignaLinkUSB: http://www.tigertronics.com/slusbmain.htm. Just be sure to get the correct cable and jumper block for your radio! To get the audio in and out of your radio, you will have to use the Packet jack on the back of the radio. This is described on Page 16 of the owner's manual.

3. WI9WIS

WI9WIS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your help Scott. I got my new DIN cable in yesterday and installed and seems to be working. However, still getting some kinks worked out of HRD to use it. Thank you again. 73!

Kevin

4. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Good show!

Yes, there can be quite a learning curve with HRD. If you run into a real head scratcher, you can post your questions on their "official" peer-to-peer support forum" http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.