Yaesu ft-1000 Mark 5 Field (three trimmers)?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by SP9O, Jun 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. SP9O

SP9O Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello. In Yaesu ft-1000 Mark 5 Field there are three trimmers.
    It was 140W, I changed it to 100W. trimmer (P.MAX)
    P.MAX
    I reduced the power to 100W. max
    50W What does it regulate?
    10W What does it regulate?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  2. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

IDK. I have a 200W MkV and am not aware of trimmers like that. Where in the rig are they? Which board?

3. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Set the power level so that the display reads "50W" and use the trimmer to set 50W on an external wattmeter into a dummy load. Do the same thing for 10W.

4. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

On the FT1000MP, there is no display for power other than the deflection of the power meter when transmitting. Are these calibration adjustments for the power meter? On the 200W MkV, there are settable power limits for 10, 75 and 200W. Perhaps these trimmers adjust these limits.

5. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well that's certainly a possibility. I'd have to dig up a schematic and look to be sure.

6. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. I can try to find them on the schematics. That's why I asked where they are or on which board. It'd be interesting to know, but my MkV is currently working FB (bought it new 20 years ago) so at this point it's just of academic interest to me. The OP, on the other hand, may have issues, but we haven't heard back yet.

7. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe there is a setting in the menu to set max power out. These trimmers are then adjusted to match that setting for each power level.

I could be wrong, but I owned a Field and this sounds familiar.

Max
    VE3TMT

8. N9ZV

N9ZV Ham Member QRZ Page

These set the power output limit for each of the power settings in the menu
    I have the 1000mp and have these trimmers in the rig.

9. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

Where are they, what board (or "unit" in Yaesu parlance)?

10. SP9O

SP9O Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning colleagues, now I'm just here. One friend wrote in the menu there are three settings: And these trimmers can be for this.
    This is Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark 5 Field.
    [​IMG]

WD5GWY likes this.