Yaesu FP-1030 Power Supply Help

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KC3EDP, Sep 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KC3EDP

KC3EDP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to connect a Yaesu 857D to the above power supply. Anyone know how I remove the 25A knobs from the FP 1030?

I have the supplied DC cable that came with the 857 with "rings" on both + and -

But I need to remove the knobs to attach the rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. G6YYN

G6YYN Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t think the knobs come off all the way on some of the terminals used on power supplies.
    You can either cut the ring terminals off and crimp on forks, or cut a section out of the ring terminals to make forks out of them.

WA9SVD likes this.
  3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Done there, been that. Gently slice through and remove the excess material, and "VOILA!" you have spade lugs! (Forks, if you understand.) The "knobs" on the power supply will probably NOT be removable; excessive force may damage them.

4. KC3EDP

KC3EDP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. I think you're right.

I don't get it, This is all Yaesu factory. Why would they make it so.... challenging?

Wa9SVD, what did you use for slicing?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  5. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a small pair of flush cutters, snip through the ring in the center right opposite the wire. Spread the ring open just enough to slip over the post, then squeeze it back together and tighten it down.
    By doing it this way and not removing any material you maintain the full contact area of the ring.