YAESU FL-2100B RELAY

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by K4EAG, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4EAG

K4EAG Ham Member QRZ Page

IT SEEMS THAT MY LINEAR NEEDS A REPLACEMENT RELAY. THE AW-5221-GK IS NOT SWITCHING IN ON ANY BAND SETTING. ALL OTHER CIRCUITRY SEEMS FINE. GOOD READING ON PLATE VOLT @ 25OOV / SWR MTR SHOWS INCOMING SIGNAL - GOOD -. NO OUTPUT. THE RELAY IS NOT CLICKING IN AT ALL. ANYONE HAVE ONE OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE? I'VE SEARCHED ON LINE AND CANNOT FIND ONE.
    ANY HELP APPRICIATED.
    EMAIL: k4eag.extra@gmail.com
    THANK YOU -73'S - ED

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you check to be certain you're bringing the key line down to zero? Used a clip lead or other connection to the RLY (RLY to E) contact instead of just using your rig for that?

3. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the relay voltage is like 120vdc. If you tried switching this with your new SS radio, you could have blown the sesitive switching transistor in the radio. Make sure you are grounding the relay ok. Take the relay line from the amp and ground it manually to be sure that the relay works or not. DOn't rely on the radio to do it. This might be the problem. You will need some sort of buffer. If you really need a relay the one Harbach sells as a replacement for the SB-220 should work fine. Just be sure it is 110-120vdc as I think it is.

4. KD5OM

KD5OM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with W1QJ. I have a FL-2100 and I installed a soft-key circuit.

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The manual on line, like this one http://www.qsl.net/n2ckh/LIBRARY/YAESU/FL-2100B/FL-2100B.pdf shows the relay line is at about -18Vdc, not 120Vdc. It's just a rectified 13V transformer winding.

So "high voltage" probably isn't the problem; however, the reverse polarity might be, if the rig uses a transistor switch.

I'd test the relay using a clip lead from RY to E on the rear of the amp to see if it works then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.