ad: GreatLakes-1

For Sale Yaesu FL-2100B Amplifier

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AB3ME, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB3ME

AB3ME XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish to sell my FL-2100B amplifier to fund another project. This amp easily does 600-800 watts AM, 1000 watts CW, and 1200 watts pep on SSB, with 100 watts drive. I have replaced the caps and the tubes are good. Copy of manual is included. Currently wired for 120 volts, easily changed to 240 if desired. Case etc. is in good shape, normal condition for an amp of this vintage. It weighs 45 lbs. and will definitely be $65-$75 dollars to ship it depending on your location. I am looking for $500 plus shipping for this amp. PayPal is preferred. I will only ship UPS, and have it double boxed by them. It is a great amp, hate to part with it, but you folks know the drill.....LOL

Attached Files:

KG4BFR likes this.
  2. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm assuming you ratings are input, not output power?

K8AI and W4KVW like this.
  3. AB3ME

This amp does exactly what it is intended to do. Please google it or look at eham to understand this and you will understand how to interpret what I have said in the ad.

KM4TIN likes this.
  4. AB3ME

This amp does exactly what it is supposed to do. Please google it or look it up and eham to understand what I have written in the ad.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  5. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't need to, I already own one. 600W out is the best it will do.

K8AI and WD4IGX like this.
  6. AB3ME

Price lowered to $475 including shipping, payment via PayPal. This amp performs per spec when driven with 100 watts from my Yaesu FT-101F. Output depends on band being used, antenna condition, coax length and type etc. etc. etc. I do not wish to muddy the water with input vs output. This is a very good condition Amp, very collectable, and hard to find in this condition. What I wrote in the ad is directly from the Yaesu Manual....

K4RKY and KZ2W like this.
  7. N1ERN

N1ERN Ham Member QRZ Page

is it still availabe

8. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Strange. Mine hits close to 1K driven with a 901-DM. Sometimes a bit more if I hit the sweet spot in loading.

9. KD6VXI

KD6VXI Ham Member QRZ Page

A kilowatt, pep, from an amplifier that barely make 1200 watts of pep input.

Methinks you need a new Watt meter.

To the OP: I fail to see how providing clarification of your Watt readings of input or output would muddy anything.

This is a 600 Watt pep output amplifier. And even then, your in band neighbors aren't going to be very happy. Maybe keep it at 450 or so, pep, output.

Seriously, even ameritron would call BS on the specs being bandied about here. It takes them FOUR tubes to make 1.3 kw.

Good amp, looks to be in good condition. Just realize, your getting a 400 Watt ten meter amp, and about 600 watts from. 80 to 15.

And drop that to 2/3 to keep the amp and tubes happy.

--Shane
    KD6VXI

10. KG6DQL

KG6DQL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm with you on this one, there is just no way this amp will do twice it's intended power, this is a 600 watt max amp, the tubes are not rated at such high output, no pun intended here and good luck to the seller, it is still a very nice amp, 73 to all

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.