Yaesu DR2 Wires-X update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Jul 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5XO

N5XO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For those who want to operate rooms on the repeaters, etc this is disappointing, for folks like me who just want to link two of my repeaters together to expand the coverage area...this is fantastic news.

2. KC6SOT

KC6SOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Selling all my Fusion radios. Going back to DMR. Yaesu blew it!

KF6AJM likes this.
  3. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

many of us Americans know how little the Japanese share info. Just look at the Fukushima disaster for examples of that!

WA5VHU and N0FPE like this.
  4. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu ConFusion!!! ;)

5. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If these NEW FANGLED RADIOs can't TALK TO EACH OTHER THEN IT'S A "HUGE WASTE OF MONEY"!!! That's a "NO-BRAINER" BOYS!!!

6. VE3ES

VE3ES Ham Member QRZ Page

D-Star here I come...

7. KA1SU

KA1SU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

8. KA1SU

KA1SU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You should consider the BridgeCom Repeaters, Kenwood TKR-8xx series and Motorola Radius. The DR-1x and xe are not very good repeaters. They lack the reliability, stability (over temperature), RX sensitivity and the older DR-1's, severe TX problems due to poor shielding and in cabinet cooling capability (needs and extra fan & TX Heatsinks which have been a fixed in the DR-1xe. Our DR-1 is Deaf and causes the repeater to "pump" PTT when a weak signal is received. We checked the Sinclair Duplexer, Hybrid Ring, TX/RX connections (LMR-400 / 600). Overall, if the price is as it is, many bought them and they should never been put on a hill. The DR-2 is a better performer, more expensive and with the absence of WIRE-x connection is all but useless as a true digital repeater using FUSION/C4FM. I believe Yaesu has lost the Digital war as many, many folks will now us DSTAR and/or DMR instead.

I am a Director of the New England Spectrum Managment Council (NESMC) and hear reports from literally every user of DR-1's who voice dissatisfaction with the repeater and C4FM connection. Probably good that Yaesu has discontinued support WIRES-X, next I suspect C4FM will be obsolete soon. Sad.

We have owned a DR-1x for over 1 year and would never buy a DR-2. DSTAR and DMR are prolific in this area so there's no need for another repeater.

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The DR-1 was a great deal for radio clubs. At $500 each, most of the local clubs nabbed one or 2. Most of the repeaters on the air locally are now DR-1s! Yaesu made a very wise move, as they sold lotsa FT-1Rs and and FT-2DRs so Hams could use the C4FM Fusion!
    They blew away the ICOM D-STAR competition!

10. BI1ACW

BI1ACW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just like the new 70D,nither support wires-x,really surprised.