Yaesu Announces FT-70DR 5W Dual-Band C4FM HT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Mar 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. M6MAL

M6MAL Ham Member QRZ Page

FT70D can now use WIRES-X and control rooms etc as of todays firmware update and new released updated manual

2. WS4E

WS4E Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the best features about the FT-60 was the ability to run full power from a AA-battery pack. I wonder if this has the same ability.

Also does this use batteries,chargers,etc that are compatible with existing radios are does this have all unique accessories again like they always try to force people to re-buy everything for every new model?

3. KC1TTT

KC1TTT Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve had mine now for a week and like it, the battery on the other hand is horrendous. Just today I was programming it and transmitted about a dozen times, I was on it for about 4 hours and the battery light started flashing!! Completely unacceptable. I wrote to Yaesu finally and will wait to see what they say.

4. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

some ham-radio say the battery during not much ...ONLY in rx 1 day, its true ?

5. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

NONE ? its true that the battery pack during not so long ?

6. WA0MNA

WA0MNA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a two month old unit, has the following problems...2W output all settings (on a good day), doesn't charge properly (original or new test battery). Problems stay the same when hooked to 12v power supply.
    Prob. that way since NIB as it was only used a couple times before I noticed this.

7. KM6PHH

KM6PHH Ham Member QRZ Page

I've heard a fair number of complaints about the battery. Is there a larger Yeasu battery available? I don't particularly mind if the radio is a bit bigger, but poor battery life is a deal killer.

8. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hahahaha what a crapy ricebox. Hell with you if you are going to buy it. For sure the best front-end ever with stable f/w, excellent immunity and other rf performance... :)

9. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Just thinking about...
    - why need the bandscope on handy?
    - why need to have receiver HF band coverage is AM only and crapy performance?
    - why should have radio where can loose battery pack easily? (poor mechanical design)