Yaesu Announces FT-25R and FT-65R Handheld Transceivers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Feb 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. AD5KO

AD5KO Ham Member QRZ Page

You missed the point. Seeing the display is not the issue, it is seeing everything else after looking at a white display at night, that is the issue. Red and orange displays do not negatively effect night vision which is why they are used.. it is not because it looks nice or anything like that.

There are many radios with a heavy duty design, and if these radios were a genuine heavy duty design they would have die cast aluminum cases just like many other Yaesu portables, but they don't, they are plastic..The FT-270 is Die cast aluminum, same as VX5, VX6, etc, genuine heavy duty radios. And the PTT's don't stick out on them either.

Both the traditional orange display and the slim fitting PTT on conventional radios are for practical time tested reasons.

Regardless, money talks.. and like the FT2dr, these radios won't last long. People, especially hams are a lot smarter than these companies think. Putting style over practicality is childish.

NL7W and KV4BL like this.
  2. KQ4KK

KQ4KK Ham Member QRZ Page

Why? Other than a big battery.

3. W1MTW

W1MTW Ham Member QRZ Page

To clarify: These are more like the Chinese radio design ala Baofeng, Wouxun, and clones, rather than having manufacture of an existing radio transferred to China.

AD5KO likes this.
  4. AD5KO

For perspective take a look at a top of the line $600.00 Kenwood portable. No childish design crap here.

I don't expect to much for a $150 bucks but please, at least give us something that doesn't look like a childs toy, even if it is made in china, if I want that I'll buy a Boafeng not a Yaesu.

[​IMG]

KV4BL, KD6IOW and KG5EXW like this.
  5. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

you mean like the Yaesu FT-70DR?

http://radioaficion.com/cms/yaesu-ft-70dr/

6. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

There's nothing on the Yaesu site. Are you a Gigapart shill?

7. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

8. AD5KO

That's not even a transceiver it's a scanner, let alone a digital transceiver which is what N8JUC was talking about.

For example, the FT-1XDR is a very good $300.00 portable which among other things does Yaesu digital. N8JUC was talking about a $150.oo digital portable and hoping this new Yaesu portable was it. Well actually a $169.95 radio.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    NL7W likes this.
  9. KC6SOT

KC6SOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu is going down the toilet. Look at Fusion. OMG. Too many problems. I'll stick with DMR. It works.

KV4BL likes this.
  10. AD5KO

[​IMG]

The Alinco DJ-500 dual band portable. $99.99 from HRO and $99.00 at Gigaparts.

I have owned this radio and it's well made and sounds good.

So why the new goofy portables from Yaesu?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    KV4BL likes this.