ad: chuckmartin

yaesu 897D out of band transmit

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KJ4ETV, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WA4TM

WA4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Chris,
    I removed the post and emailed an apology to you. What more do you want?

You assume allot....I'll bet you'll find no modified rigs in my shack.

It is not about the modded radio. It is about he fact that your close personal friend asked a question, was told what he wanted to do was illegal and then decided it was OK, because one of you guys decided it was OK for him to do so.

Does a ham willfully violate the rules Chris? Not one I'd want to be associated with. We operate with-in the rules.

I took you for your word when you stated that nobody in your department approved this practice.

I also removed my post and posted an apology to you BEFORE you posted this rant.

I see also that you have been a ham for less then a year and are in it
    primarily for the Public Service side of it, so maybe you didn't know the rules either.

Anyway, I did my best to remove the post with your email and apologized. I don't believe that emails are protected under any copyright, but even so, if you object, I can certainly remove it and did. You brought it back.

Do I want to look like a Hero? I just think that it is funny, in a sad sort of way that so many new hams think operating illegally is OK. I think it is important to point out that what is being done is illegal and not with-in the scope of the ham radio spirit.

I also believe that since your "Close Friend" was posting that your department was condoning his actions that, his claims should be brought to you attention.

Since your response was denial, I thought it important to post that denial, so everybody would know your friend is a liar (not lier) and your department had no knowledge of his actions. I guess I was wrong.

Everybody was nice about it too.

Chris, I also told you in my email that I am The ARES Assistant Emergency Coordinator in my county. Guys like your "close friend" make us all look bad. I support Emergency communication when a ham is asked to help. I do not support Whackerism.
    I do not believe that illegal radio operation is something that needs to be associated with ham radio's very small role in Emergency Communication. Do you Chris?

3. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

4. WA4TM

WA4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

You're right on the post numbers...I fixed my original post...

I was relying on memory, well, it ain't what it used to be!!!!!!:D

5. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This thread has clearly lost its usefulness.

The posting of private emails in this forum is verboten! Those who choose to do that risk losing their posting privileges.

DO NOT POST PRIVATE EMAILS IN THE FORUM!

...........Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.