yaesu 897D out of band transmit

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KJ4ETV, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

He's just upset that he didn't get the answer he wanted. What is it with wackers these days? Oh well... :rolleyes:

2. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course he may or may not know what is going on in Madison County, Beech Bluff, TN, until the FCC shows up....

I agree KS4VT, I thought the license for these frequencies were issued to some group, ie police, FD, etc and on the application they have to list the repearter, the mobile, fixed units and what equipment they use. SO as I posted earlier when you see this guy using this on the public service repeater there are many other people involved and the FCC will be very interested. EIther the people with this license told a lie to get the license or they are operating it out of compliance now.

3. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

On this web site there is a link to a "Basic Emergency Operations Plan". The organization charts list ARES as if it was a government department. Also this quote in the document:
    So to drill with its staff, they will need the FCC waiver.

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a little slow, but I rechecked his QRZ look-up and right there in his Bio it says Jackson/Madison EMA.

I should have read his Bio the first time I looked.

He's a Whackerdoodle who has no business in this hobby. His willingness to operate outside the rules is proof of that.

5. WW3QB

Perhaps too harsh, his bio says he is a volunteer with the EMA, But if he is an employee, he should be aware of the FCC public notice at http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-09-2259A1.pdf

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  6. KA9MOT

Even his bosses won't stand behind him.....

FWIW, I had posted an email reply here from the Jackson/Madison County EMA. The writer of that email asked that I not do that so I removed it. Unfortunately not fast enough to see part of it quoted.

My apologies to the Deputy Director/Communications Officer of that organization.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  7. KA9MOT

Harsh? If he knowingly violates the rules, do we need this kind of ham?
    Jack Gerritson knowingly violated the rules.

8. KA1MDA

KA1MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

What EMA license? Please scan and post for all of use to see....

As Monty Python might have said... That isn't an EMA license- it's a DOG license with the word DOG crossed out and EMA written-in in crayon!

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Who is "we?" That's within the amateur band, and no modification of any kind would be required for your equipment.

The only people licensed to transmit there would be licensed hams.

10. WW3QB

I'm interested by this quote. Does this department supply certificated radios? If not, are these hams expected to purchase these certificated radios, which cost more than ham radios? There may be a hidden expectation that hams will modify their radios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.