Yaesu 757 GXii

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K2CIX, Oct 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2CIX

K2CIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My meter does not move when checking swr's nor po, yes I follow the manual when checking swr and po. Meter flat no response. On receive the needle on the meter is working, and when I hit the mox into a dummy load it responds. I have a FC 757 AT , I have tried with and without it same results. Any ideas.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you switched to CW with a key closed to check output?

On SSB, unless you modulate the rig (speak into the microphone) there's shouldn't be any output power or SWR or "anything" when you transmit, so that would be normal.

3. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The fact that things seem to work when running into a dummy load, but not into the FC, which contains a dummy load, or into something else, is indeed puzzling.

I am very familiar with the FT-757, having "retired" mine from main rig to backup several years ago. Although generally familiar with tuners, I am not personally familiar with the FC.

I am wondering what else was tried beyond the working dummy load and the FC?

4. K2CIX

I made a mistake it is FT 757 GXii. Anyway I have followed the manual exactly a dozen times over, and here is what I found out when I push in the mox (as explained in the manual) my red light comes on and there seems to be power but no movement from the meter. I have now noticed that when I key the cw on the cw-w into a dummy load , the cw does not transmit. Question is the cw somehow tied in with the power out? Or is it showing me that something is is amiss, ie. resistor, capacitor or power transistors, or a combination. Maybe I need to take a few steps up to a newer rig.

5. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you used this radio in the CW mode previously?

Try this: put the radio in AM and press the MOX button. Any power out?

6. K2CIX

OK I tried AM and pressed MOX button out but nothing, no power out

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the DRIVE control turned all the way up (clockwise)?

8. K2CIX

I have tried that in fact I have followed the manual to a "T" several times over. Just a dead response. I can modulate thru the mic into a dummy load and get a good response from the meter but nothing if I key a straight key. As I sail earlier no response of PO nor SWR

9. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That is the model I have. One of it's quirks on CW concerns the 1/4 inch plug from the key. Most of these have a metal rim at the base of the plug. If so, and it contacts chassis ground when you plug it in, it's no go.

10. K2CIX

You are right. Thank you, I should have picked that up on page 24 of the manual. Problem solved, again than you so much. Jim K2CIX

W8IXI likes this.