Xiegu X6100

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KC3PBI, Jun 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W4KYR

W4KYR Ham Member QRZ Page

MW7OFS and KN6FWT like this.
  2. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope they do better with Firmware on this one. Last I heard there is still a CW lag issue with some of their previous rigs, and no updates for older models when new radios are introduced. This could be a great QRP rig if they make sure issues with the prior models don't carry over.

W4KYR likes this.
  3. W4KYR

W4KYR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was watching a video by Thomas K4SWL (where he did a comparison of the KX2 and X5105) and he said that the X5105 CW bug was taken care of in a firmware update and the CW is good

KE0HAO likes this.
  4. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

No news about the "third batch" of these that were scheduled to be in the US by now? I sure would love to see some new reviews. I'm still loving my G90 and would consider trying an X6100.

5. W4FDT

W4FDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HRO has some in stock.. ordered mine yesterday being delivered Monday.

KD2TTM likes this.
  6. KF7DS

KF7DS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just received mine which is from the 3rd batch. Was surprised how small and light it is relative to my IC705, and the screen is excellent.

Sounds good and should be great once more of the bugs are squashed

Very fun

7. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I talked with someone who just got one and the battery seems bad, only runs the radio for a few minutes...

8. WR3T

WR3T Ham Member QRZ Page

KU3X likes this.
  9. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill Gates has us all being Beta testers when he comes out with a new OS. I don't want to be yet another Beta tester for Xiegu.
    It's a shame, I really had high hopes for the X6100. For now, way too many issues for me.
    Come on Elecraft, it's time for a KX4 with a great display.
    Barry, KU3X

KC7JNJ and KL7KN like this.
  10. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

The G90 was very bad when it came out, but firmware updates have turned it into a VERY good radio for the price.
    Is it a contest radio? No.
    The x6100 will improve I am sure.
    SDR radio's are never 'done', they can always add or improve things.
    The x6100 seems to be open source and has a lot of hardware to support improvements I believe...

Elecraft is shipping the K4 unfinished, the Flex radios are unfinished, and Xiegu seems to do updates much faster then both of those companies...