ad: MyersEng-1

Xiegu X5105 New QRP HF/6m Portable Transceiver Complete Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Sep 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

IMG_3006.jpg Just got one.
    Selling Ft817 and Ft920.
    This is a great radio.
    Some people sure like to complain.

MM3ENM likes this.
  2. MM3ENM

MM3ENM Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought my X5105 at the beginning of October, to take advantage of Sinotel's 10% off in October offer, and I couldn't be happier with it. I climb the local hill everyday to do and an hour or two's QRP, and all I put in my messenger bag is the X5105, a multi-band SOTA type dipole, my logbook, and a pen. It takes 5 minutes to put the dipole up, and I'm one the air. Works great and not one single glitch since I bought it.

3. AG4QQ

AG4QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I also bought one and have several contacts. withan MFJ verticle collapsable antenna. What is the best dipole you have tried?

4. WB8U

WB8U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The KX2 with a mike and a ATU is $1300.00 The X5105 is a$669.00 so big difference in price. The X5105 seems to be the better value.

5. WB8U

You sold me I’m buying one! But before I do compare the X5105 to the RS928. I like the screen and band scope but I’d have to order from China.

6. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Order from China? No you don't. MFJ carries them and......they support them if it fails.
    Barry

7. WB8U

I just made my first QSO on the X5105. Some good dudes from Alabama! I like the X5105. Big screen great features like digital noise reduction. Big battery, big screen, and ATU. Couldn’t be happier. May order the amp and make it my base station.

73 Steve

8. WB5TZN

WB5TZN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think he's talking about unplugging the dc charge cord. I would never do this while xmitting or ever with the radio on. The radio can operate at full power for over 8 hrs. on the battery. It was not mint to operate of the charger but it can. This radio also has an antenna analyzer ,psk31 modem with which you can read psk31 on the screen,atu and lots of other features. I have run it for hours on ft8. Hope this helps. I really like my x5105. WB5TZN

9. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone know how to scan frequencies and memory channels?

Xiegu works great.
    Im using duckys on 6 and 10.